We invite you to peruse our department resources and links.
The mission of the Education Service Center Region 2 Language Arts Department is to support and promote successful language art classrooms, aligned to both national and state standards to facilitate the highest level of language arts proficiency attainable by all learners.
ELAR Consultants look forward to helping your districts create a learning environment for your teachers and students that have a positive and lasting impact on classroom performance. At Region 2, we believe our success is measured in the eyes of a child.
**A TCMPC Opportunity**
Nicole Hohensee, the ELAR Content Coordinator for the TEKS Resource System, wanted to let everyone know that they have posted contractor positions for ELAR Elementary (Grades 2-5) and ELAR Middle School assessment development. They are needing to hire these positions rather quickly so visit this link and apply today!
**An Invitation from TEA**
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) in partnership with Pearson and Oak Hill Technology, Inc., are seeking Texas educators to apply to participate in a Pre-Admission Content Tests (PACT) Standard Setting Conference for the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program. We are reaching out to you for assistance locating teachers in your region that may be interested in this opportunity. Please forward this information to colleagues that may be interested.
The following PACT committees will meet at a hotel on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas, for a one day meeting (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), as follows:
Monday, April 29, 2019
- English Language Arts and Reading: Grades 7–12
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- English Language Arts and Reading: Grades 4–8
How You Can Get Involved
Apply — Please click here to complete an application for consideration for committee participation.
Share — Please forward this email message to other Texas educators who may be interested in this opportunity.
Learn more — To learn more about involvement in the conference, eligibility criteria, and advantages of participation, please visit our website at http://www.txrecruit.nesinc.com/.
Questions — If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Oak Hill Technology, Inc., at Educators@oakhilltech.com .
About the PACT
A Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) can be used to obtain admission into an Educator Preparation Program in the state of Texas. Currently, exams taken through the PACT route are the same exams used for certification. Anticipated in 2020, new PACT examinations will be administered through the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program.
Standard Setting Conference
The role of the Standard Setting Committee is to examine each question included on an exam form and provide standard setting judgments that will be considered by the Texas Education Agency in determining the passing standard for each exam.
- Educators who are high performing based on student achievement data and on recommendations from professional networks and district peers and leaders.
- School district-level supervisors currently working in the area for which we are convening PACT committees.
- Educator Preparation Program Personnel who are training educators at the undergraduate or graduate level and who have expertise in the area for which we are convening PACT committees.
- Educators who represent a variety of perspectives (school contexts, geography, racial demographics, and student population served).
Benefits of Participation:
- Help to shape the future of education;
- Work in collaboration with educators in your field;
- Experience professional growth opportunities; and
- Earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- Participants are eligible for reimbursement for travel and meal expenses.
- Hotel accommodations are provided, if necessary.
- Public school educators may receive substitute reimbursement for their schools.
- Inviting location on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas.